Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Banks in cahoots with the government

A woman comes in to cash her tax return check. So far so good.  She begins to tell me that she usually deposits her check into her bank account but she always cashes her tax return check.  Now usually my policy is not to ask why, but against my better judgement I asked why just cash the tax return checks.  She said that she didn't want the government to know about her tax return check.  I, against my better judgement, asked, "what?"  She said that the banks and the government were in cahoots together and that if she cashed her check with us that the government wouldn't know about her tax return check.  I found myself staring at her in amazement.  I asked her, "So you are cashing this check, your TAX RETURN CHECK, with me because you don't want the government to know about your TAX RETURN CHECK and the banks are in cahoots with the government and would report your TAX RETURN CHECK to the government?"  She said yes and said that they don't think she knows this but she is smarter than they think she is.  I again found myself staring at her in amazement.  I guess she will keep getting over on the government and the banks because she is too slick to be caught with her TAX RETURN CHECK. 

4 comments:

  1. I've got to stop getting direct deposit from the IRS every year. I feel like Big Brother is watching me when I do that. Must keep it on the down low.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is your store located? I just want to grab a chair and watch...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thrill: Hickory Hill

    Cree: We all must keep our tax returns quiet from now on..if the government ever finds out we're all in trouble

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should change your blog name to "against my better judgement". Keep it coming because you can't make this stuff up. This blog is good for the morale. The next time I do something that I consider stupid or dumb I know where to go to feel better.

    ReplyDelete