Wednesday, August 25, 2010

These aren't shorts?

This one is an oldy. A regular customer came into the store everyday, usually in the morning hours, at least twice.  He would come in wearing a wife beater T, flip flops & and a nice pair of boxer briefs.  That's right, he came in the store in his underwear.  My coworkers never believed me that there was a man who would come into the store in his underwear, until they saw him come in on a FRIDAY NIGHT.  They were amazed.  He did this for at least two months and one day I decided that I should say something...note, this was long before the interesting customers started coming in..so my better judgement hadn't developed yet..perhaps this is what started it's developement.  Anyway, I said to the man that maybe he could start wearing shorts/pants over his underwear.  He said that the briefs weren't underwear, that they were shorts.  I asked him if he had pockets?  He said that he had lots of shorts that didn't have pockets.  I then asked if those shorts had a trap door in the front?  He looked down and I swear I saw the light come on in his brain.  The light seemed to shoot out of his ears.  He said that he couldn't believe that he'd been wearing them out in public all this time.  He told me that he'd gone to McDonald's and the grocery store and a lot of places dressed that way.  Lesson here is simply look for the trap door.  If Mr. Happy has an escape route then they aren't shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment